Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

This year thanksgiving was just us. We didn't have anyone come over. We tried inviting people but it just didn't work out. We had a great day. Over the passed several weeks we have been letting the kids cook dinner. Each person is assigned one day to cook dinner and everyone else helps. Everyone cooks dinner. I got tired of fixing dinner and then everyone plopping down and eating. I find they appreciate dinner a lot more and they really like learning how to cook. So, this year everyone helped cook Thanksgiving dinner.

Lindsey was playing with the napkins after dinner. She got dad to play to...what daddy won't do for his little girl!

Here is our beautiful table. Kylie and Lindsey set the table.

Steve baking his rolls. (my mom's recipe-Lola Bonham rolls) The first year he ever tried them. I was so impressed at what a great job he did...he had lots of help. I tried to make them last time and they were terrible!

Kylie making the sour cream fruit salad.

Making rolls. My mixer wasn't big enough to handle 9 cups of flour so they mixed them by hand.

0 comments: