Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Everyone bow for King Sam!

Sam was crowned Jr. Prom King. He wore a shash and they gave him a basket full of goodies! The morning of Prom the Jr. Class Advisor called me and asked if Sam was going to the prom. He had just told me the night before that he decided to go so I told her yes. She said, "Good! The votes are in and Sam was voted King by a landslide vote. And then she asked me if he had ordered flowers for him and his date. I said no. Then she asked me what color Chelsea's dress was and at the time I didn't know. I said I can call her mom and she said no, I can do that. WOW! The benefits of living in a VERY small town. What a great bunch of kids at Piute High School and some great teachers! Sam has also joined the track team so we are looking forward to seeing him participate in that.










2 comments:

Heaps said...

He looks so cute! My mom called me that morning and told me all about it. I was so excited! I am glad your family gets to experience the small town life. When it really comes down to it I am glad I grew up there. I wouldn't have told you that when I was in high school though. The more I hear of other people's high school experiences (in bigger schools) I like that I was in a small school. Where you don't have to "try out" for a team, and you can do any sport you want, you don't have to pick and focus on one to gaurantee a spot on the team. Your little kids are probably disappointed that soccer isn't really big (or non-existant)but maybe they could get it going. Hope to see you guys soon. Glad you are "on the farm."

Jo Jo said...

Yeah! Tanner had a similar experience when he arrived. Helped him adjust so much more.