Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mom....I need your help...

Eewwww....what is that? Lindsey came and woke me up one night around 3:00am. She quietly said, "Mom, I need your help." Being that it was the middle of the night I couldn't see much. I took her into the bathroom and this is what I saw after I turned the light on. (My camera happened to be sitting right there...and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. She was not happy that I wanted to take a picture!) I finally realized that it was silly putty! She fell asleep with the silly putty in bed with her and this was the result. She couldn't even open her eye. It was stuck shut. I'm really glad it was not gum! I remember from my days of selling Mary Kay that one of the consultants had used the eye makeup remover to get something off of her child so I went to my makeup shelf and got my bottle of MK makeup remover. I used a cotton ball and was able to get it all off of her face and eyes. Next, was getting it out of her hair. It was warm and was really sticky so I went and got some ice to try and harden it up. I was able to get the majority of it out doing this. I then put her in the tub and tried good ol' shampoo. After about 5 good washings it was all out! I was so amazed. I was so happy that I didn't have to cut her hair! She promised she would never take silly putty to bed again!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Poor little Lindsey--but I couldn't help but chuckle a little--I remember when I was little and getting gum stuck in my hair when I was playing in the balls at Chuck-E-Cheese--we used peanut butter to get it out. Good thing you didn't have to cut her pretty hair!