Thursday, February 19, 2009

Have you ever wondered.....?

I have often wondered what goes on in a child's mind. What do they think about? I love to just watch them as they go through their day. Lindsey, my 4 year old, is just full of life. She says the funniest things. Steve and I were in the kitchen tonight talking with my mom and brother. We were discussing the way Texans talk by saying ya'll and all ya'll. Steve went in our bathroom to check on Lindsey who was supposed to be brushing her teeth. Steve entered the bathroom and asked, "How ya'll doin' in here?'

Lindsey replied, "I'm Farmer Elka and I'm from Texas." (She was of course using her best Texas drawl!)

Steve responded with a chuckle and an okay (probably followed by a "whatever")

Steve asked, "Are you brushin' your teeth, Farmer Elka?"

Lindsey replied, "Why, I don't really brush my teeth, but I'll give 'er a try?"

You have to imagine and hear this conversation with Lindsey using her best Texas drawl....She was also wearing her cowboy boots at the time and had been line dancing in the kitchen a few minutes before!

Oh to be 4 years old, without a care in the world!

0 comments: