Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sam turns the BIG 17

Sam turned 17 on the 26th of January. We got him a suit. Didn't know what he would think about getting that for his birthday. I think he liked it though.

Of course, no birthday is complete without Legos! (Steve's rule)

To make Sam's birthday a little more interesting Steve duct taped one of his presents underneath the kitchen table.

And just to make it even a little more interesting he put one of his presents inside this balloon.


Sam's never been one for cake. He doesn't like it. So he always asks for a birthday pie. I don't know why but this year seems to be a year of reflection for me. As I post these pictures of my kids I think back to when they were little. I remember the first time we met Sam. He was about a week shy of his 5th birthday. He had a bit of an articulation problem with his speech. He talked so fast and didn't articulate very well. I swore that kid was speaking Japanese! Sometimes I still have to remind him to take a breath and slow down! I remember telling him that he was going to come live at our house. He replied, "Do you have Halloween at your house?" I guess he had a neighbor that didn't celebrate Halloween and he was worried! We assured him that we "had Halloween" at our house. He was fine after that...

0 comments: