Saturday, February 14, 2009

Joke...

I know most of you have probably heard this joke at some point in your life but it is always good for a laugh.


President Hinckley was returning to Salt Lake City from a trip to South America, so President Monson sends a limo to the airport to bring him home. After getting all of President Hinckley's luggage loaded into the limousine, the chauffeur notices that the Prophet is still standing on the curb.

Chauffeur:"Excuse me, President, would you please take your seat now so we can leave?"

"Well, to tell you the truth," says President Hinckley, "they never let me drive since I became the prophet, and I'd really like to drive today."

Chauffeur: "I'm sorry, President, but I cannot let you do that. I'd lose my job, and what if something should happen?" protests the driver, wishing he'd never gone to work that morning.

"Who's going to tell?" says President Hinckley with a smile. Reluctantly, the chauffeur gets in the back as President Hinckley climbs in behind the wheel. The driver quickly regrets his decision when, after exiting the airport, the prophet floors it, accelerating to 105 mph.

Chauffeur: "Please slow down, President!" President Hinckley keeps the pedal to the metal until they hear sirens.

Chauffeur: "Oh, dear, I'm going to lose my license--and my job!"

President Hinckley pulls over and rolls down the window as the cop approaches, but the cop takes one look at him, goes back to his motorcycle, and gets on the radio.

Cop: "I need to talk to the Chief," he says to the dispatcher.

The Chief gets on and the cop tells him that he's stopped a limo going 105.

"So bust him," says the Chief.

Cop: "I don't think we want to do that, he's really important."

Chief: "All the more reason!"

Cop: "No, I mean really important."

The Chief then asked, "Who do you have there, the mayor?"

Cop: "Bigger."
Chief: "A senator?"
Cop: "Bigger.
Chief: "President Bush?"
Cop: "Bigger."
"Well," said the Chief, "who is it?"
Cop: "I think it's God!"

The Chief is even more puzzled and curious, "What makes you think it's God?"

Cop: "His chauffeur is President Hinckley."

1 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Nice! I like humor, church humor on Sunday, you got me! Thanks for posting and thanks for making me laugh.